Hancock County Promise offers Kindergarteners and their families a unique opportunity to invest in their future by opening a 529 College Savings Plan. Through the program at CSCSHC, opening a 529 plan by investing $25 for their Kindergartener will result in a combined $50 match by both the school district and the Hancock County Promise program.
In the video below, all of last year’s Kindergarteners enjoyed a fun-filled field trip to the University of Indianapolis to learn what a college is really like!
If your child is a current Kindergartener, there is still time to sign them up for a 529 plan! If your child will begin Kindergarten in 2018-19, you can sign them up for a 529 plan when you enroll them at Kindergarten Roundup on April 5th!
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for a 529 plan through Hancock County Promise.
- About You (Account Owner)
- Personal information - address, phone, email, social security number
- You can add a “successor” if you choose. That can be another adult such as a spouse.
- About your Beneficiary (Your Child)
- You need your child’s social security number. If you do not have it, use your own and you can change it later.
- The registration process will ask about your school. Leave that field blank as Hancock County Schools are not listed.
- Choose Investments
- Pick a funding method
- Pick “pay by check.” The Promise will mail a check for you to open the account.
- Remember this is a FREE account. You are not required to add funds at this time.
- You can login and add ways of funding if you choose at a later date.
- Select a delivery option
- Email or US mail
- Complete your account
- Create username and passwords.
- Create security questions and answers
Your 529 plan is now up and running!